You don't have to race to participate
We’re looking for volunteers to help assist the Functional Fitness Events team at Newby Hall.
Volunteers are special
Volunteers are the people who really make our events great. They are the ones who make the experience for the athletes every bit more special. There is always a great atmosphere at our races and as a volunteer you can help develop that even further.
You’ll have a great day out and in return for your help we’ll give you
- Free family entry into Newby Hall ( Family ticket worth £55.00).
- Discounts to our events ranging from 10% to a free entry. *
- Free tea and coffee all day!
*Volunteers must make their intention to enter a future event clear before the day of the event and discuss this with one of our team as a certain level of work is required to earn discounts.
Volunteering as a group
We can make a donation to local clubs and groups who provide a number of volunteers. Contact us for further details.
What you could be doing
Roles at the races are varied; you could be doing any of the following which are just an example:
- Course and venue set-up – Moving, lifting and sticking
- Drink Station team – Providing hot and thirsty racers with drinks and gels
- Marshals – Keeping an eye on racers on the bike and run course
- Finish Team – Giving out medals and lending a hand to weary finishers
- Venue Team – Keeping the place tidy, nobody likes a messy place
- Competitor Registration – Checking racers in and making sure they are ready to race
- Course and venue pack up crew – Leaving this amazing place as beautiful as we found it
Please fill out the form below to sign yourself up to be a volunteer: